Monday, March 9, 2009

Thinking about my personal brand

I'm ready to create a new portfolio that deviates from my past portfolios. Though I am a UI designer, I do have a preference for aesthetics, and would like my new portfolio to be more visually appealing than in the past. I have a thing for vintage style from the 20's, 30's and 50's. I'm hoping to create something which reflects one of these decades. I'm also thinking of adding some interactive elements like a gallery or some lightbox effects. I haven't decided yet. This is a departure from my previous designs which have been only in html/css.

Anyhow, as I'm gathering some inspiration for the kind of layout and style I want to adopt for my site, I started to think about my personal brand. What do I stand for? What kind of words do I use to describe myself? How would I want these words to translate into the design for my portfolio? Words are the kernals of creativity in the agency life, and copy has a lot to do with influence of marketing ideas and campaigns. I figured that if I can come up with a list of words that can reflect my brand, then I can start to create my site. The words I want to describe myself as are:
Thorough
Upbeat
Inventive
Curious
I will use these words to guide my design. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment